Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Zealand - Mandarine Work









That's the Pukenui team with who we were working in the mandarines. The people were from New Zealand (also called Kiwis), Scotland, Tcheck Republik, Argentina, Germany, England, ...

You can see the bus that we go to work. Our break, resting on the ground and also a Pizza party organized by the Latins.

The work consisted in thinning mandarines of the trees so that the ones who are staying could grow bigger.

The first days were very hard, then we start to get use to it.


A the beginning, I thought it was a job for men:) Then, I noticed that the supervisor told me the whole time that I was leaving too much mandarines on the tree. On the other side ,Tina was a bit slower but she always took all mandarines off from the tree. So she was better than I and consequently received incentives who made that she was better paid than I during the first days.

Sorry Nic, but I wasn't more slow then you! Anyway the important thing is that I was better paied ;-)
The only problem in this type of job are the wasps!!!! They were in the trees and sometimes it was impossible to find them so we got stang sometimes!!! Nic got 2 and I've got 3 bites!!! One was horrible, the weather was terrible (raining a lot) and I saw those wasps, I've asked for the Fly Spray but it was to late and this wasp attacked me between the lips and the nose!!!!!! Well, now I am fine! "Shit Happens"!
Ah, Nic and I were nominated the best stripers (apart from thinning the trees, some of them needed an year holiday, so we were taking alls mandarines from those ones)

On the pictures you can see Nic on the party of the last day. He needed to make a real strip ...

8 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ola disfrutar people!

May the road continue to be beautiful for you two dreamers, Nico I hope you will learn the Haka while you are there, and Tina learn some Maori... Enjoy la bella vitta...

Peaches and Kiwis

derek

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know the cooks island It seems great
Do not forget to pay a visit to Margueritte
Enjoy your trip ( here at Hermoye it freezes since ten days and we do not need solar cream!)

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know the cooks island It seems great
Do not forget to pay a visit to Margueritte
Enjoy your trip ( here at Hermoye it freezes since ten days and we do not need solar cream!)

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well dude it's been a while since we last saw each other... last time I saw you was probably years ago in Barcelona well anyway I'm glad to see you guys are doing just fine...I'm wishing you the best for the upcoming weeks. Live each day to it's fullest. Have a good one. Gilles freezing is ass off in Canada where you definitely dont need no sunscreen ;-)
If you wanna log on to my blog you can click on the following link: http://bwc.skynetblogs.be/

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tinaaaaaaa...te echo de menos
nicolas......estas mu guapo...los estan geniales en las fotos....me alegro k tudo va bien....ya sabeis...si hay alguno tio bueno en new zeland, soltero...passar le mi numero....heheheheh...vos quiero...aki en bcn hace un frio k te c..... besos mil
ricardo rito

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina e Nicholas estamos encantados com a sua viagem ! Que oportunidade maravilhosa, aproveitem bastante e continuem postando estas fotos maravilhosas..Beijos Tia Christi...

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Nico y Tina
Im Andy - aka Derek's kiwi buddy.... I love mon ami Derek, and he loves moi. So, his friends are my friends and my friends are his friends. If you guys pass through WANGANUI (south west coast of North Island) please stay at my parents house. Email me; andyandy@fastmail.fm
Now I am traveling around NZ myself, exploring all the places I haven't seen....
peace.andy.xxx
ps. Derek is very good at the HAKA.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina querida;
Adorei esse e-mail ,como estão aproveitando gosto de ver a farra, e que lindos lugares.
Salve vocês!
Dessa vida nada se leva, continuem aproveitando muuuuito.
Beijos Tia Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home